Trelby is simple, fast and elegantly laid out to make screenwriting simple. And to top that it is FREE!
- Screenplay editor: Enforces correct script format and pagination, auto-completion, and spell checking.
- Multiplatform: Behaves identically on all platforms, generating the exact same output.
- Choice of view: Multiple views, including draft view, WYSIWYG mode, and fullscreen to suit your writing style.
- Name database: Character name database containing over 200,000 names from various countries.
- Reporting: Scene/location/character/dialogue reports.
- Compare: Ability to compare scripts, so you know what changed between versions.
- Import: Screenplay formatted text, Final Draft XML (.fdx) and Celtx (.celtx).
- Export: PDF, formatted text, HTML, RTF, Final Draft XML (.fdx).
- PDF: Built-in, highly configurable PDF generator. Supports embedding your chosen font. Also supports generating PDFs with custom watermarks, to help track shared files.
- Free software: Licensed under the GPL, Trelby welcomes developers and screenwriters to contribute in making it more useful.
Visit the Trelby Website for more details.
Follow Trelby (@TrelbyOrg)